The Antigua Public Utilities Authority’s Telecommunications Business Unit is now seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
Overview: The Sales Controller is responsible for leading the Corporate and Retail sales teams and functions. This includes setting sales quotas, creating sales plans, analyzing data, managing the relationships with key corporate customers, monitoring sales zones and building the sales teams through training, mentoring and implementing performance interventions to maximize their potential for success.
Key tasks include:
- Meeting marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets & scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions;
- Developing sales plans by forecasting and developing sales quotas, projecting sales volumes and profit for existing and new products, analyzing trends, establishing pricing strategies while monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand;
- Completing sales audits, identifying trends, determining improvements and recommending changes;
- Achieving marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs including developing field sales action plans;
- Developing and sustaining rapport with key accounts by creating and maintaining a portfolio of corporate customers; exploring their specific usage patterns to recommend service plans that best fit their needs while anticipating new opportunities for business;
- Managing the relationships with outside vendors and re-sellers of our products and services;
- Managing the remuneration schemes and performance of sales teams including setting & monitoring of targets, issuing assignments & sales calls, formally assessing performance of teams and individuals routinely.
- Preparing comprehensive monthly reports to include growth trends, customer churn & receivables by product line.
- People Management, Telecom and/or Marketing Industry experience
- University Degree in Marketing, Business Management (or related field)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies and customer relationship management;
- Proven leadership experience managing and directing a sales team with the ability to inspire and motivate them to achieve targets;
- Dedication to providing outstanding customer experiences.
Corporate Sales Representatives
Overview: The Corporate Sales Representatives utilize various sales strategies to attract new business clients to meet our customer acquisition & revenue growth objectives. This includes generating sales leads, qualifying prospective customers, working with our channel partners and ultimately selling APUA Telecommunications products and services.
Key tasks include the following:
- “Getting the sale” using various customer sales methods (referrals, cold calling, presentations etc.);
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors;
- Meeting personal and team sales targets; forecasting sales, sales strategies/models and evaluating effectiveness;
- Evaluating customer’s needs and building long lasting relationships;
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives;
- Identifying opportunities within assigned territory and collaborating with sales teams to ensure growth attainment;
- Reporting and providing feedback to management using financial statistical data.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- Proven sales experience and knowledge of APUA Telecoms products and services;
- Knowledge of sales techniques, pipeline management and sales software;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated & driven – ability to delivers results without supervision;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle to perform duties.
Interested candidates are asked to apply in writing to:
The Human Resources Manager – Antigua Public Utilities Authority
Crn. High Street & Independence Drive, PO BOX 416
St. John’s, Antigua
OR email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is Wednesday 17th February, 2021
** Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged **